Fly into July Ltd is a registered charity authorised by the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
How it works
Fly into July encourages active lifestyles via a step challenge. Fly into July is a registered charity that supports other charitable causes, predominantly in the health and disability sectors, to increase their funding and awareness.
The step challenge runs for the entirety of the month of July and is designed to encourage people of all abilities to increase their level of daily activity through logging ‘steps’ for each day of the month. People participate both as an individual and in a team. Participants are required to track their daily step totals and input them on their individual profile page.
Participants are not required to fundraise separately, as an optional donation amount is included in the total registration cost, however there is a further option to donate or fundraise additional amounts for your choice of Charity or Cause if you wish.
Participants can follow their individual and team stepping progress on the dashboard, keep track of the stepping leaders, and be eligible for prizes just by taking part. Importantly, we value participation over competition, with prizes being awarded predominantly as encouragement.
With no set target of steps per day, you can challenge yourself and your team to attempt to be more active regardless of your ability. Fly into July’s goals for participation are:
– Increase awareness of recommended health and wellness levels
– Promote healthy living
– Create social interaction through teaming up of participants
– Raise awareness and provide a donation amount to our Supported Charities
Distance conversion calculation
For those participants who usually record movement as distance we have provided a calculation for you to convert into ‘steps’.
This may include people who are participating in a wheelchair, or with a device that only records distance rather than steps.
For the purpose of calculating a step count for participants using a wheelchair, or those with a device that only records distance, the following calculation can be applied to work out a ‘step’ total per day:
Distance in kilometers (variable) x meters in a kilometer (1 000m) / average step length (0.762m)
(ie. 4.5km x 1 000 / 0.762 = 5 906 steps for the day)
Step count submission
Steps for the previous week, or part week should it be the case, are required to be submitted by no later than Sunday for each active week of the challenge. Any timing associated to these dates will be in line with the local time where Fly into July Ltd is registered (VIC, Australia), or as otherwise informed. Late registrations, or late submission of steps, may result in ineligibility for some or all prizes.
Fly into July may request proof of Participants steps, so keep record of this. Fly into July retains the right to audit any step count submissions and will require proof of validity from the individual Participants.
As a registered Participant you are responsible for maintaining the integrity of your login details. Your login details are for your use only. You should not let anyone else use your login details and you cannot transfer your account to anyone else. You are responsible for keeping your username and password private and confidential. If anyone logs into our website using your login details, you will be responsible for all entries and communications made using your account.
When visiting our website you can access your personal information within your dashboard profile page. If that information is wrong, it can be updated through dashboard profile page or by contacting us.
Fly into July will not be responsible to you or anyone else for any damage, injury, cost or expense related to any kind of material found on our website.
Any Participant found to be creating multiple accounts in order to submit multiple entries will be immediately disqualified from participating in the competition or/and prize eligibility.
Further, any Participant found to be submitting step counts that cannot be adequately audited will be immediately disqualified from participating in the competition or/and prize eligibility.
Any Participant who uses the ‘Family’ registration option for uses other than intended, that being registration and participation of a household of immediate family members, may be immediately disqualified from participating in the competition or/and prize eligibility. Such disqualification from participation and ineligibility for prizes would subsequently extend to all associated Participants on the Family registration.
Any Participant who uses foul, harmful or abusive language will be immediately disqualified from participating in the competition or/and prize eligibility. All references to foul, harmful or abusive language will be removed from any platforms controlled and managed by Fly into July Ltd, to the best ability of Fly into July Ltd.
Acceptance of our terms
The challenge commences on 1 July each year and closes 31 July each year. Any timing associated to these dates will be in line with the local time where Fly into July Ltd is registered (VIC, Australia), or as otherwise informed. Late registrations, or late submission of steps, may result in ineligibility for some or all prizes.
All title, ownership and intellectual property rights in and to the content and services and any and all copies thereof, are owned by Fly into July Ltd or/and its appointed contractors. All rights reserved. Fly into July Ltd or/and its appointed contractors may protect their rights in the event of any violation of these rights.
Prizes will vary based on the suppliers and assets that Fly into July can secure. We aim to award prizes broadly across the pool of Participants, including those Participants who are at the top of the leaderboards. However, we value participation over competition – that’s why the majority of prizes will predominantly be awarded as encouragement.
Who can enter
Both the challenge and prize pool is open to anyone. Participants aged under 18 will need approval from a parent or guardian prior to registering. Employees and Directors of Fly into July Ltd may participate in the challenge but are not eligible for prizes.
How to enter
Once registered, all Participants are automatically entered into the prize draw/s. Participants must provide true and correct information to Fly into July, including but not limited to details of steps completed and must promptly notify Fly into July of any inaccuracies in information they provide, or changes required to information they have provided. Fly into July reserves the right to audit all information provided by Participants and may, for the purposes of determining the eligibility of a Participant, refuse to accept or acknowledge information that Fly into July suspects is inaccurate, incomplete or otherwise misleading.
All payments are required to be made in the local currency to the Charity or Cause you choose to support.
Total registration cost
By default, we set the total registration cost to include the registration fee and an optional donation amount. This donation amount can be amended or removed by the Participant. Any Participant who removes the donation amount from their total registration cost acknowledges and accepts that no donation will be made as part of their registration.
We also offer an option to cover transaction fees at point of payment, this is not included in the total registration cost.
Supported Charities and Causes payments
Fly into July supports Charities and Causes based in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. Supported Charities and Causes will receive a cash donation to be made in the local currency relevant to them.
By participating in the Fly into July challenge, Participants agree to enter steps as accurately and honestly as possible. Participants must provide true and correct information to Fly into July, including but not limited to details of steps completed and must promptly notify Fly into July of any inaccuracies in information they provide, or changes required to information they have provided. Fly into July reserves the right to audit all information provided by Participants and may, for the purposes of determining the eligibility of a Participant, refuse to accept or acknowledge information that Fly into July suspects is inaccurate, incomplete or otherwise misleading. Any Participant found to be submitting step counts that cannot be adequately audited will be immediately disqualified from participating in the competitions or/and prize eligibility.
Fly into July does not take any responsibility for the leaderboard rankings as they are automatically calculated based on the addition of steps and activity from each Participant’s profile.
In order to protect personal data, we ask Participants to submit a public user name (nickname) when registering for the challenge. This nickname will be displayed to all Participants of the challenge. Unless you input personal data into the nickname field by choice, your full personal details will never be displayed publicly on this website. Fly into July is not responsible for individual Participants display names, should they cause offence. You should report any Participant whose nickname you may feel is inappropriate.
Other than those prizes awarded for placements in the challenge, the odds of winning a random awarded prize are based on the actual number of participation registrations received. Neither Fly into July Ltd nor any of its Agencies are responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, incomplete or ineligible registrations that may result in exclusion from prize draws. If a prize is not claimed by 15 August of each year, a redraw will be conducted.
Prize winners will be notified in writing (and if required by legislation by phone where possible), within two (2) days of the prize draw. The prize winners’ username will be published on Fly into July’s social media channels. Winners of redraws (if any) will be notified in writing (and if required by legislation by phone where possible), within two (2) days of the prize redraw. A list of prize winners, identified by nickname, may be obtained by contacting us.
The links offered from our website are provided for the interest of our visitors and Participants. The links have been added because the content was deemed to offer appropriate information associated with the step challenge, Fly into July’s aims, and our Supported Charities, Causes or Partners. The content found by using these links is not created, controlled or approved by Fly into July and no responsibility is taken for the consequences of viewing or using such content.
Terms and Conditions
1. I warrant that I have read, considered, reviewed and understood these Terms and Conditions prior to submitting my registration to participate in the Fly into July challenge.
2. I agree that any dispute arising under or in relation to these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the laws and courts of VIC, Australia.
3. I warrant that I am over 18 and of full legal capacity or, if I am applying on behalf of a person under 18 and/or not of full legal capacity, that I am a person legally entitled to sign on behalf of that person (for example, parent, guardian, person having suitable power of attorney). If I am signing on behalf of somebody else, I agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of that person.
4. I accept in my sole responsibility all risks and liabilities that may arise from my participation in the Fly into July step challenge, including the risk of injury or loss or life, and I release Fly into July Ltd and its agencies from claims, liability, demands and proceedings arising from or in relation to any loss, damage, expense or personal injury which may be sustained by me as a result of or in connection with:
a) any neglect, act, omission or failure on the part of Fly into July Ltd and its Agencies; or
b) my participation in the Fly into July step challenge.
5. I indemnify Fly into July Ltd and its Agencies (collectively, Those Indemnified) against:
a) all losses incurred by Those Indemnified;
b) all liabilities incurred by Those Indemnified; and
c) all costs actually payable by Those Indemnified to their legal representatives (whether or not under a costs agreement) and other expenses incurred by Those Indemnified in connection with a demand, action, arbitration or other proceeding (including mediation, compromise, out of court settlement or appeal), arising as a result of or in connection with my participation in the Fly into July step challenge.
6. I must provide true and correct information to Fly into July and promptly notify Fly into July of any changes to provided information.
7. I consent to the publication in any form of media of my public user name (nickname), first given name, age range, image, likeness and step challenge data based on my participation in the Fly into July step challenge.
8. I acknowledge that I must submit true and accurate step counts on a per-Participant, day-by-day basis, and that incomplete step counts will disqualify me from the awarding of prizes.
9. I acknowledge that Fly into July Ltd reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to exclude or reject me from participating in the Fly into July step challenge at any time and without notice or explanation to me.
10. I acknowledge that my registration fee is for the purpose of joining the step challenge, and not specific to participation or completion of the step challenge. I acknowledge that no refund is due should I be unable to participate in the step challenge after having registered.
11. I acknowledge that the default total registration cost includes the registration fee and an optional donation amount, that the donation amount can be amended or removed at point of registering, and that if I remove the donation amount from the total registration cost that no donation will be made as part of my registration.
12. I acknowledge that the cost to register will be processed in the local currency relevant to the Charity or Cause I choose to support, and that I may incur additional currency conversion or/and transaction fees as a result of my choice.
13. Should the step challenge not take place as advertised, including but not limited to instances of force majeure, I consent to the donation included within the registration being retained by the Supported Charity or Cause I nominated at point of registration.
14. I acknowledge that I am responsible for ensuring that I’m aware of my own personal eligibility for tax deductions prior to making a donation. I acknowledge that donations to a charity based in the country in which I reside are generally eligible for tax deductions, however donations to charities based in a different country may not eligible for tax deduction. I also acknowledge that donations to personal causes are not tax deductible. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to check whether the receipt provided to me will be accepted as tax deductible by my residential country’s tax authority.
16. I acknowledge that Fly into July will post the current version of this document for my consultation at www.flyintojuly.org/terms-of-use and that I will be notified of changes in advance by any one or more of written notice on the Fly into July website.
17. If I do not consent to be bound by this document as varied from time to time, I must immediately withdraw from the Fly into July step challenge.
18. If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms and Conditions can be read in a way that makes it illegal, unenforceable or invalid, but can also be read in a way that makes it legal, enforceable and valid, it must be read in the latter way.
19. If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, unenforceable or invalid, that provision or part provision is to be treated as removed from these Terms and Conditions, but the rest of these Terms and Conditions are not affected and continue as if that part was intended to be removed.
On this website:
Agencies means all persons or corporations associated or affiliated directly or indirectly with the delivery of the Fly into July step challenge.
Fly into July means the various activities and challenges, related platforms, websites and channels associated to, and offered by, Fly into July Ltd.
Fly into July Ltd, we, us, our means Fly into July Ltd (ABN 90 635 891 566).
Participant/s means a person who has registered with the Fly into July step challenge.
Partners means an organisation that Fly into July has entered into a partnership agreement with.
Charity/Charities means an organisation that Fly into July has agreed to provide a donation towards, based on the number of nominations received during registration.
Cause/Causes means a personal fundraising effort that Fly into July has agreed to provide a donation towards, based on the number of nominations received during registration.
Terms and Conditions means the rules that apply to registering for, and participating in, the Fly into July step challenge.
Those Indemnified means collectively Fly into July Ltd and its Agencies.
The materials presented in the website are distributed by Fly into July Ltd and are presented as an information source only. The information is provided solely on the basis that readers will be responsible for making their own assessment of the matters presented herein and are advised to verify all relevant representations, statements and information. The information does not constitute professional advice and should not be relied upon as such. Formal advice from a medical practitioner or health-care professional should be sought in particular matters.
Fly into July does not warrant that it will provide uninterrupted access at all times to this site or any websites linked to this site.
Despite our best efforts, Fly into July Ltd makes no warranties that the information in this publication is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.
Your use of our website and any content or other information or materials provided on or through our website is entirely at your own risk.
In no event shall Fly into July Ltd be liable (including liability for negligence) for any loss, damages (including without limitation, direct, indirect, punitive, special or consequential), liabilities, costs or expenses whatsoever arising out of a person’s use of, access to or inability to use or access this site or any website linked to this site.